When using Placeable API for Agent Locator Search, sometimes the results are shown outside the target state, even when using a zip code, city, and state along with a particular 'services' option.
Example: Zip Code: 11354 (State: NEW YORK City: FLUSHING), Services: DirectToBusiness
- Agent Locator uses a proximity search logic which initially starts filtering locations with an initial search radius of 50 miles. Any matching locations that are found are expected to be returned.
- It searches for locations based on the center point of the location coordinates in search parameters and geocodes of WU locations in the search radius that also match the other filters (services in this case).
- When no locations are found in the initial 50 Mile radius it keeps incrementing this search radius to a maximum of 600 miles to check for potential matches in the expanded search radius of locations.
- In the above example, because it is unable to find any locations that match the applied service filter, it keeps incrementing the search radius to reach a maximum of 600 miles.
- This is the reason why it is returning locations from other states and countries that has the selected service enabled and are in the maximum 600 Mile proximity search range.