When using the location search feature on your website, you find that the search logic is not as sensitive or predictive. You would like to know if there is a way to improve the location search feature.
Placeable uses Google Maps API to return a location search using Google’ Geocoding API.
Here is an example of how it works:
- Google Maps’ API uses the search term to see if it matches a qualified city/state name or zip code.
- See example 1 with the search term “conwa”
- When a search term results in Google Maps’ API is not able to find a location based on limited information, it falls back on a name search rather than a location search.
- See example 2 with the search term “con”
- Adding information such as the country and postal code would additionally improve results in location search.