You notice ResourceOne is no longer auto-sending email notifications. When users complete a task in the system, ResourceOne should send auto email notifications. You recently migrated your email server from one provider to another.
- Check if the mail (SMTP) configuration is missing in ResourceOne. If so, this is the reason why email notifications are not working.
- Contact your company IT team for SMTP server details and the credentials for a no-reply mailbox that is likely used as the sender for these notifications.
- To fix the issue, enter your current mail server config details in the following file on the CoreTrac APP server (inside its working directory): \configs\envsettings.xml.
- Open the file for editing and navigate to the lines similar to the ones below:
<add key="SMTPServer" value="localhost"/>
<add key="SMTPUser" email@example.com"/>
<add key="SMTPPassword" value="mypassword"/>
- Fill in the appropriate details and save changes.
- Restart the ResourceOne Application via Administration > System > Application Status> Restart Application. Please note that this action will cause a short (10-15 sec) disruption to the Application, so plan accordingly.