The Kofax robot keeps stopping on Computron statement upload for the Agency Daily Figures report. You have to right-click and ”restart here” in order for it to move on. Normally, the process should be automated and run right through until the bank statement is uploaded into Computron.
Support agents do not have access to the customer environments.
Kofax RPA relies upon PCs configured specifically to run Desktop Automation robots.
A probable root cause can be :
No Device Automation PC found PC Desktop Automation Service not running
Device Automation PC busy with a previous task
1. Open the RPA management studio
2. Navigate to Admin menu, Devices submenu
3. Check the Device menu for an available Desktop Automation device
4. If a device is connected and free
5. Find the KTA suspended job
6. Select and restart the suspended activity
7. If a device is connected but not free wait for 5-10 minutes to allow any running desktop robots to complete
8. If the device does not become free have IT restart the Desktop Automation Service or if necessary, restart the PC the service is running on.
In the system tray on a Device Automation Desktop, review the Kofax robot icon. If the unlocked icon is displayed then the device automation service is installed and running.
The unlocked robot icon shows the device is available for use.
The locked robot icon shows the device is currently connected and being used.
Note the current use of the Kofax RPA terminal does not show any activity except for the locked robot icon.
The Kofax RPA Management console can show whether a device is available for use by a robot. In the screen capture below the Devices option under the Admin menu, it shows there is a single device named ctronkapowvmt connected to and available for use with the current Production roboserver.
Expanded Devices detail screen capture