You are unable to change PO status from PRTD to CLSD for Purchase Orders with the number having an old format (e.g. HS24-000838, HS24-000871). These old POs were possibly raised before Procurement Portal was implemented for you. You, however, are able to close POs with the current PO format (e.g. 00XXXX-001) by running the function "PO Close" Process/Print in the PO System Administrator Menu.
In order to close these old Purchase Orders, you will need to take the following steps.
If you have these same orders in your test system, it is recommended to test this process there first before closing orders in the production environment.
- Ensure that there are no users in either Purchasing or Accounts Payable.
- Ensure that there is a recent backup of the Computron database.
- Go to Purchasing System Administrator menu
- Run the “Global Parameters Maint/List” program.
- Continue on to screen DS22.
- Make a note of the settings for the Purchase Order Number” Type and Format.
In the below example they are “1” and “PONUMBER” respectively.
7. Change the Type to “M” and blank out the Format.
This will change the PO number format to be free form.
8. Save the changes to the Global Parameters.
9. Run your PO close process, selecting the orders on your list, maybe by date range.
10. Confirm that they have all been correctly closed.
11. Run “Global Parameters Maint/List” program.
12. Continue on to screen DS22.
13. Change the settings for the Purchase Order Number” Type and Format back to their original values.
14. Save the changes to the Global Parameters.
Alternatively, there may be an older Database Map available on your site pointing to a different version of the PO Global Parameters that specify the older PO number format. If you change your current login session to the older database map, then you should be able to close those orders. If you need instructions for accessing this database map on your site, please raise a support ticket with us and our Professional Services team will assist you with the steps.
Support agents do not have access to customer environments. If the customer raises a ticket with the request that they want help in closing old POs using the older Database Map approach, escalate the ticket to the Professional Services team using Elevating or Escalating to External Teams.