On occasion, you may observe that a scheduled file import job is no longer running automatically. However, the import still works when you click on 'Run'. This article explains the most common causes for such an occurrence and how to resolve them.
Kofax Batch Manager imports are configured as tasks that run through the Windows Task Scheduler. When a task is not running as expected, the most likely cause is that it has been incorrectly configured. The following steps will walk you through the process of reviewing the main settings that should be verified to resolve this issue:
- Open the Windows Task Scheduler.
- Find the task that is failing to run and select Properties on the right pane.
- On the Trigger tab, select the trigger that should be running and click Edit:
- Verify that the trigger settings are as expected.
- Ensure that the Enabled option is checked.
- On the Conditions tab:
- Check that "Start the task only if the computer is idle for" is unchecked.
- Check that the "Start the task only if the computer is on AC power" is unchecked.
- If unsuccessful, you may also check the General and Settings tabs for more options that may be preventing the task from running.
Note that the Task Scheduler window displays the last and next run times, which may also be of use in diagnosing the issue.
Once the task has been correctly configured, it should run as expected when it is scheduled to do so. If more than one setting were changed to resolve the issue, you may consider adding them back one by one to identify the culprit and re-configure the task as desired.