Sometimes an OPS Batch Sub-System can have a number of failed action batch entries. They are viewable in the Batch Queues/New Batches. This article provides the steps to update the action batch entries so that they can be re-submitted for execution.
- Administrator Access to the Database Server
- Access to the Logical Business Objects (LBO) Tester
The LBO tester is the best way to resubmit failed OPS batch subsystem action_batch records. Under actionBatch > updateStatus, enter the id and a status of 0 and that will re-submit the failed OPS batches for processing.
Manually update the status code in the database. The action_batch records are stored in the "action_batch" table. Below are the default action_batch_status_code values.
- 0 - Indicates a new action batch
- 1 - Indicates an action batch being processed
- 2 - Indicates an action batch that was processed successfully
- 3 - Indicates an action batch that failed while processing
Open SQL Server Management Studio on the server system.
In the left Object Explorer window, use the navigation tree to find the Onyx OEDB database.
Right-click on the database name and select New Query.
- Run the below query to list all failed action batches and take note of the action_batch_id with a status code of 3.
SELECT * FROM action_batch WHERE action_batch_status_code = 3
- Then update the action_batch_status_code value to 'new' in the table for the batch you want to resubmit.
- Run the below query to update the status code of the failed action batch to '0'.
SET action_batch_status_code = 0
WHERE action_batch_id = 'failed action batch id'
Anytime you restart the OPS service, or the OPS batch system interval passes, it will automatically look in the table for status code values of 0 to process as it assumes they are new batches.