The support portal allows you to get help when you need to know how to perform a task or needs to ask for assistance by creating support tickets. However, when trying to raise a support ticket in the Support Portal, despite being signed in might be unable to create a ticket because you can't see the 'Submit a request' option.
- Missing 'Submit a request' button:
|Faulty Status||Normal Status|
You may also find that you cannot access some products' knowledge base as they are greyed out, and when you click on the product name, you get an error: "You don’t have permission to access this tool.". For example, in the image below, only Knova can be accessed:
To solve the issues described above, you need to contact the support team. If you cannot create a ticket in the support portal, open the article, choose the corresponding product, and the page will show how to contact support by phone or email. If more users are facing this issue, please inform their name and email address.
When a customer reports these issues, please follow these steps:
- Impersonate the troubled user in Zendesk to confirm that the Submit a request button is missing or that they do not have access to a product's knowledge base.
- Verify that the user account is tagged to the correct organization.
Click on the particular user in Zendesk, check the value for Org. This can be matched with the user details provided by the requester at the time of raising the support ticket.
- If a correct organization name is assigned, proceed to step 3.
- If a wrong or incorrect organization name is assigned,
- click on the More Options icon(3 dots) and then choose the 'Remove' option to untag/remove the org.
- Next, add the correct organization by clicking on +add organization under Org, typing in the organization name, and choosing the right one from the drop-down list available.
- Click outside the field/box to save the value.
- Skip step 3 and proceed to perform steps 4 and 5.
- Start a side conversation with email@example.com informing the reported problem and provide the client's full name, email, and organization. The System Management team will revert after solving the issue.
- Impersonate the user again to confirm the resolution. Take a screenshot showing that the Submit a request button is now present and that they have access to the products they need.
- Ask the requester to log in again to the support portal and confirm that the issue is resolved.
Once the support team informs you that the issue has been resolved, log in again to the support portal and check that you have access to the products you need and that the Submit a request button is now available.