This article is meant to share the location of the Pivotal MSI Installers as those have been used historically for some automated installs and workaround issues with Installations.
From 6.6.3 onwards, Pivotal installers have been modified to support automatic upgrades. To clarify further:
- If you upgrade Pivotal from any old version to 6.6.3, you are required to manually uninstall any previous Pivotal-related packages.
- From 6.6.3, uninstalling packages is not required. You can run the needed Setup.exe files and you will be prompted to upgrade to any superior version. (Some services might need to be manually stopped and PBS Partitions must be manually deleted a priori).
Pivotal 6.6.3 or later setup files from our downloads portal.
Sometimes, the MSI Installers are needed to execute silent installs or automated installations. The files are no longer exposed in the installation files as we have packaged the installers in order to support automatic upgrades when running a Setup file.
In order to obtain the MSI files, you can run the setup with the /a modifier.
- Download the setup package.
- Uncompress the required Setup.exe file
- Right-click the Setup file
- Click "Create shortcut"
- Righ-click the shortcut and click properties
- Add the "/a" modifier at the end of the Target
- Execute the setup with the recently created shortcut
- Chose a location to extract the files (Please chose a short path with write access like C:/Pivotal)
- Complete the installation (This will not install the package, only uncompress it)
After finishing the procedure, you will obtain the required MSI file in the chosen path.