Article Original Creation Date: 2017-01-27
This article will guide the user through the procedure of adding new Years to the Time Series.
- From the Time Series page, select the entire last year and Copy the fields.
- Select the last period row of the last year and Paste.
- The new fields will appear at the bottom.
- Edit each new field to have the correct Year value and the correct date ranges.
Tip: To quickly change only the year in a date range value, double-click twice to the right of the date. The first double-click selects the entire date, the second double-click selects just the year. You can then type the new year value.
- Fix the Tree Structure (indentation) on the new Year row.
- Select the Year row.
- Use the Move Left option under the Tree Structure so that the Year is to the left of its periods.
- Save from the toolbar or from the Actions panel on the left.
Another option would be to import/export using Excel. This option is included in the Time Series Right-Click Menu. This can be very convenient but is prone to invalid date ranges on the Year rows.
Year rows should have blank date ranges. If you ever have year rows with date ranges - which usually happens when importing from Excel - you can clear them using the steps below.
- Select the year row and select Insert from the right-click menu (Right-Click menu: Rows \ Insert)
- Re-type the year in the Period Name and Period Number cells of the new row.
- Delete the old year row (Right-click menu: Rows \ Remove) and save the Time Series.